As some of you may know, my son has been diagnosed with Mollusum Contagiosum. He has had this for about 6-7 months now,but we have just recently found out what it was called. On our first visit with the doctor he said it was a virus that would eventually just go away. Well it spread and so we took him in again,at this appointment the Doctor diagnosed him and then he applied some medicine on each bump to help the bumps fall off. After he did this they turned into bubbles and then flattened out. I thought everything was going just fine,
Before
Until two days ago. He came in at 3am to go to the bathroom and it's then that I noticed that the bumps had spread not only in the areas surrounding his previous bumps,but now they had traveled all the way down both legs and arms and his lower back.
After
The large ones are the chemically treated ones,but look at all the new ones!
You need to enlarge these pictures in order to really see all the bumps.
Poor poor little guy! I feel terrible! He can't go to school until he has a doctors note and it would have been his first day of kindergarten yesterday,he was so sad! I wish I would have never gone into the doctor he would have been better off with the 40 bumps he had before vs the hundreds that he has now! I can't even see a Dermatologist until the 19th of Septemeber.
Now I know I sound like Debbie downer,but I am trying to stay optimistic. I found this topical serum online called " ZymaDerm". You can find it at Walgreens in the first aid section or online. The company is Naturopathix. It is expensive,but if it works it will be worth it. I am supposed to apply it twice a day for at least 30 days. This will be good practice of patience. I don't really have many other options right now anyway. This will be the longest post of them all. I am just trying to record my progress on here to see if this stuff really works. I just feel sick, I just want him to get the help he needs.
Connie
I'm so sorry! I feel so bad for him, we will be praying for the little guy!
ReplyDeleteI didn't know about this! Some visiting teacher I am. I hope it goes away quickly so he can go to school.
ReplyDeleteAny updates? Is he doing any better? Are you doing any better?
ReplyDelete